What causes whitish discharge from the penis?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 18 Jan 2017 in Men's Health
Question: what is the cause of a milky substance under the foreskin of an uncircumsized penis?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXX,

If the white substance is somewhat thick, this is smegma, which can build up in any skin folds or where skin encloses a space. It is a build up of waxy/oily secretions and dead cells. Gentle daily cleaning can usually address this.

If the substance that you are describing is more fluid in nature, and if there is redness, it may be from yeast overgrowth. For this, an anti yeast cream, used for 7-14 days can treat it.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information to answer your question.