What causes weakness in the legs and night sweats?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 12 Jul 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I take lisinopril and lexapro for a year now 180 lbs look in shape but not .Once was very athletic but just stopped playing sports once kids came along . I do worry a lot about health my recent B.P averages 130 /74 . My problem is weak legs all day especially after sleeping . spots in my vision some nights I sweat to the point I need to towel off. I toss and turn all night .I do not have sleep Apnea" tested " .Tired of not feeling normal and being told all of this is anxiety .What can I do .I've had so many different test with no real helpful answer. Could this be antidepressants causing these .My behavioral specialist doesn't seem to think so.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lexapro can be increased

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that your blood pressure reading is completely normal with medication and I think continuing medication is required.

In regard to other symptoms deficiency of vitamin B1, B12 and vitamin D is suspected and taking supplements may help you. Since the tests are not able to identify anything normal possibility of anxiety causing all the mentioned symptoms are very high. I also like to state that lexapro is not associated with this form of side effects and I do not think it is responsible for these symptoms. However I feel increasing the dose of lexapro to 15 or 20 mg may help you further (Provided dose is 10-15 mg per day).

In addition making behavioral changes such as regular exercise and restriction of salt and calories is also needed.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad