What causes two spots on left leg?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have noticed two spot on my left leg .picture is given.
1.upper leg spot appears as if it contains a small lump below the skin.but the other spot appears as raised bump on the skin.
2.no pain,no,pus.they are there for past 4years.
3.no itching on the upper leg spot,but the other has though it happened 2 or 3 time,not more than that.
4.i have psoriasis since 2012.
5.current medicine:sartel 40,nexovas5,rosuvas 5 for hypertension.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dermatofibroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Thanks for the pictures. It is indeed a dermatofibroma. Prurigo is unlikely as it is very itchy.

Dermatofibroma frequently develops on the extremities (mostly the lower legs) and is usually asymptomatic, although pruritus and tenderness can be present. Usually dermatofibromas appear alone, but sometimes there may be several.

On palpation, the hard nodule may feel like a small pebble fixed. Tenderness may be elicited with manipulation of the lesion.

A dermatofibroma usually dimple inward when pinched.

Possible causes of dermatofibroma are: A minor injury in the form of a prick, insect bite etc.

Dermatofibroma are best ignored. However, Dermatofibroma can be removed surgically by excision biopsy, and subsequently sent for histopathological confirmation.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
Is it malignant?? What problems it can create in future???
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dermatofibroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

It is not malignant. It is benign. It can be left as it is. However, if desired it can be surgically removed.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 minutes later
But doctor,the spot on upper leg appears flat from outside while touchin it,a lump is felt inside.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dermatofibroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

It is a dermatofibroma. It presents clinically as a hard nodule fixed to the skin. The depth of the lesion may however vary.