What causes toe to be white post injury?

Question
a few days ago i stubbed nmy big toe whaen I opened a door, It cut the toe nail but did not bleed, Now my toe iswhite around the nail, but red around the toe below thw nail. is that normal?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Guru 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is chance that it might have gotten infected

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Sometimes, it is kind of response when exposed to hydrogen peroxide but there is chance that it might have gotten infected. Will be excluded if a physical examination is done. it is better to put you on an antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer.