What causes testicle size reduction in an elderly patient?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm an 84 year old male. Lately I've noticed one testicle has become larger. There is no pain and the vessles to each testicle seem normal, no bumps or masses felt.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be hydrocoele or a hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all, it's sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared since it's painless and there's no lump/mass felt, it can be a hydrocoele or a testicular hernia (early stage) but it needs to be reviewed by a urologist and to have torch test and general examination and ultrasound of the testes too.

Mostly diagnosis is clinical but ultrasound is confirmatory. Treatment is surgical only and is a small surgery but risks and benefits need to be titrated before that.

Hope this has answered your question.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee