What causes swelling on the scrotal wall?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I noticed this fleshy protrusion on the right side of my scrotum today. I feels sort of very fleshy, like part of my skin, not like a hard mass.

If my scrotum is hanging down the thing looks bigger in size. When I hold my balls up, it looks smaller and you can see it is a bit of a different color from the surrounding scrotum. It feels definitely like it is something on my scrotum and not the testicle itself.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be Staphylococcal infection of hair Follicle (Boil)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,
Based on the facts and photographs that you have posted sudden appearance of a swelling on Scrotal wall is most likely to be due to Staphylococcal infection of hair follicle (Boil)

Take antibiotic like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for a week .

If problem persists you will need to consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination in person to establish diagnosis .

Further treatment will be decided by him based on clinical findings and diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 minutes later
Are there any other possibilities it could be? I just ask because it doesn't feel like an infected hair follicle, and I have had it for at 2 weeks (is when I noticed it, could have been around longer).

Thanks. I'm a bit worried about testicular cancer, although it does not run in my family.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no possibility of Testicula Cancer at all .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
The swelling being since 2-3 weeks or even longer in duration it could be a Sebaceous Cyst which commonly develops on Scrotal wall. However the diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination in person .

It is definitely not a testicular cancer at all

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 minute later
Thank you for the XXXXXXX of relief. I'll have it checked out on Monday. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult General Surgeon as scheduled

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Consult General surgeon for clinical assessment and do write if you need any help from me .

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.