What causes swelling in the ankle while on a ketogenic diet?

Question
Hi started ketogenic diet 4 weeks ago but my right ankle is swollen and has increased swelling as the weeks go by to the point where it is very uncomfortable.

Used to happen regularly when I ate wheat but found I was allergic so gave that up a year ago.

Drinking tons of water at least 92-105 ounces a day. Urinating quite often more than 8 times per day.

Weight loss has been negligible same 4-8 pounds off and on.

What do you think am I doing wrong?
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wheat or gluten seems to be the culprit

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

It seems that your ketogenic diet contains wheat or gluten and that probably is the culprit. You have probably missed out on this and eliminating this principle should take care of the issue.

Feel free to write back.