What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
Thanks for using HCM for your query,
The problem you are having is called conjunctivitis.Most likely its either bacterial or allergic in your case.
Wash your eyes three times a day with cold water.
Don't rub your eyes with your hands and try not to touch your eyes ,as infection could transfer from one eye to other.
As per your question I would start you on
eye drop Moxifloxacin 2-2-2 (2 drop thrice daily).
Eye drop flurbiprofen 2-2-2
Eye drop Carbinoxamine 2-2-2(antihistaminic)
Apart from that oral medicines should be started,
Tab Fexofenadine 180mg once
Tab Cefixime 200mg twice
A swab of eye should be taken to rule out if its bacterial or allergic.
Please consult your ophthalmologist and discuss the option of above mentioned medicines. The aforementioned drugs are prescription drugs. Your ophthalmologist will know about it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red eye and headaches
- What causes redness in eyes and extreme swelling of lids
- What causes severe redness in eyes
- What causes red eyes symptoms
- What causes sudden redness in the eye
- What causes red eyes after shower
- What is the cause of a red and swollen eye
- What causes a red blothcy eye
- What is the cause of red patch in eye
- What causes bloodshot red eyes
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?