What causes sudden deafness in an infant?
Possibly casual non-responsiveness
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. A 80 dB sound is unlikely to result in sudden deafness. The OAE response indicates that the hearing is fine. In such a case you can simply assume that the child is simply (and casually not responding). You need not grow apprehensive. Wait and watch. Interact with the baby. I am quite certain that you would find her responding properly.
I need an input from you. Could you please mention if the child has caught a cold? That could be a possible reason for reduced hearing. However, with the OAE positive, such a thing is unlikely.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden deafness in one ear
- Drugs/medication for Sudden deafness
- Treatment and cure for Sudden deafness
- Sudden deafness in right ear
- Diagnosis of Sudden deafness
- Symptoms of Sudden deafness
- Deafness causes
- Sudden deafness it that due to wax buildup
- Sudden deafness in both ears
- Ulcerative colities causes sudden deafness