What causes stomach pain?
this is XXXXXXX I am having a stomach ache..I am facing this problem from last 2 days..
actually its a mild pain which occurs in interval of 10 to 15 minutes.
I prescribed from the doctor he told me that it is an infection and gave some medicine but it is not cured.
I had a dinner at relatives place and all are home made..
kindly advised me some medicine which will help in curing in this stomach problem as I am in a office so it is not possible to visit to the doctor.
I need further details
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
This might be an abdominal colic or can be simply due to acidity.
Give me following details:
1. In which part of stomach are you having pain? In upper abdomen or in lower abdomen?
2. Pain is persistent or intermittent?
3. Pain is colicky/dragging/stabbing? Try to explain your pain.
4. Any loose stools or vomitings?
5. Any burning in urine?
6. Is pain radiating anywhere?
I would be able to advise you regarding medications once i have these details.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me and answer these questions preferably in point wise manner.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
thanks for your reply. really appreciated.
when u press my stomach a bit hard and pains moreover I have not an acidity problem right now.
answer for your que below-
1) the pain is on the right side of the stomach.
2) the pain is intermittent.
3) pain is colicky.
4) yes loose stools along with a pucking feeling.
5) no burning in urine.
there is some activity going inside of the stomach and some sounds are coming out and I have not taken any heavy eatables and still I am not feeling starving.
kindly help and suggest accordingly.
Should get Ultrasound Abdomen
This kind of pain can be due to:
1. Gallbladder problem like Acute Cholecystitis
2. Urinary Tract Stone.
I would advice you to get a medical help and get ultrasound abdomen to be sure.
To you get that, you may take following:
1. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone available as Pantocid DSR.
2. A pain killer like Drotaverine available as Drotin DS .
If you have any further query please ask me.
what is the problem and what are the causes.
If the pain in on upper right abdomen, it can be due to:
1. Acute Cholecystitis
2. Acute Pancreatitis
If pain in in right lower abdomen, it might be due to:
1. Acute Ureteric Colic
2. Acute Appendicitis.
If you have any further query please ask me, else you may close the discussion and rate it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What causes constant stomach pains
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes severe stomach pain
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes constipation and stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes persistent stomach pain