What causes stomach cramps and burping while suffering from fever?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am having 100 to 100.5 fever all day and having gas in my stomach which feels like gas cramps
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please give some more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please give some more information? Do you have any nausea, vomiting? Do you pas gas and stool freely? Since when do you have abdominal pain? Where is it located? Does it radiate to the back? Do you have any problems with urinating like frequent urinating, burning while urinating?

I`m looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
yes I feel like vomiting..but vomit doesn't come..burps come out of my mouth...there are cramps in my stomach..suddenly there is lot of pain with gas..fever is there 80% of the day... there is no abdominal pain n while urinating all is OK. .no burning. .urine frequency is normal
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please visit the nearest ER.

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms might be caused by a bowels obstruction. This must be ruled out at first. Cramps are quite characteristic for this condition as well as bloating and other symptoms.

I suggest you to visit ER. Abdominal X-ray and ultrasound should be done as well as blood work without any further delay. With timely intervention recovery rate is also quite faster, so Please do not wait with it.

Best Wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 30 hours later
hi I got my vitamin deficiency tests done..it has come 8 which is very low..how can I improve my vitamin d deficiency? I am a vegetarian. .thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sunbathing is the best way to do that.

Detailed Answer:
Vitamin D is produced when you are exposed to the sun. So sunbathing (in reasonable amounts) is the best and natural way to improve vitamin D level.
If you can not do that, vitamin D supplementation (in tablets) taken daily is the right choice.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar