What causes sore throat and swelling in the neck?
Negative culture excluded the possibility of bacterial infection and raises the possibility of viral infection including infectious mononucleosis or mumps.
So, I would recommend that you get a monospot test to exclude or confirm infectious mononucleosis and an antibody testing to exclude or confirm mumps.
In the meanwhile, you should get plenty of rest, avoid excretion, drink enough fluids, stick to soft easily swallowed food.
For the pain, you can take Ibuprofen tablets every eight hours.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- What is causing my sore throat and raspy voice
- What causes bodyaches with sore throat
- What virus causes sore throat
- What causes sore throat on right side
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- What causes sore throat and cough
- What causes constant sore throat with history of smokinh