What causes small papular eruptions on pubic area and inner upper thighs?
Need more information...
Welcome to HCM.
You have given short history. You said that you have small papular eruptions on pubic areas and inner upper thighs,since one month. The lesions are not itchy or painful. I would like to ask you few questions.
1) are the lesions soft or hard?
2) describe the individual lesion. Size,surface,color,number of lesions..etc
3) other areas involved or not?
4) any other skin disease?
5) any systemic disease?
6) any medicine for this disease or other disease?
7) past history of any disease or surgery?
8) family history of any disease?
9) type of job you do?
10) married or unmarried?
11) history of sexual exposure?
Please answer above queries and post the photos of affected areas and lesions. So that I can help you in better ways.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
2. They are flesh colored and pinhead sized. There is about 5-10 with most being in the crease in my inner thigh and groin region.
3. No other region affected including the penis. Just the pubis area.
4. No skin disease
5. No systemic disease
6. I do not take medication
7. I did have laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery a year ago. It wash repaired with mesh.
8. Have family history of male heart disease.
9. I work in the food service industry.
11. My last sexual exposure was 4-5 months ago. In total I've had 6 sexual partners in my life.
They look and feel like ordinary pimples that you would get on your face. I think it might be a grooming issue. I used to use a razor in that area but it would always be irritated and painful for a few days so I recently stopped and started using clippers and that's when I first started getting these bumps. I thought they'd clear up eventually but over a month seems excessive and is a concern.
Molluscum contagiosum...possible diagnosis
Thanks for the answers. But, you did not post the photos of affected areas. Please post, so that perfect diagnosis may be done.
With history and descriptions, I feel that most probable diagnosis would be molluscum contagiosum. It is a viral infection caused by pox virus and spread by sexual contacts. In your case, it is likely due to contacts you had.
I would like to advise about its remedy after seeing the image. So, post the photos.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Thanks for uploading image.
After seeing the image, my diagnosis is confirmed to be of molluscum contagiosum.
It is a viral skin disease caused by pox virus. There are many modalities to treat the disease.
- curettage.. To remove the molluscum bodies with sterile needle.
- cryotherapy..freezing the lesion
- application of chemicals like tretinoin,imiquimod,salicylic acid..etc
I , in my patients having such disease do electrocautery. It is a minor procedure done under local anaesthesia.
You consult dermatologist and go for treatment according to his advice.
Take all precautions to avoid relapse.....
-Avoid direct contact with anyone who may have the condition.
-Remain sexually abstinent or have a monogamous sexual relationship with an uninfected individual.
I hope this would be helpful to you...
Wishing you early recovery.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inner thigh bruises
- What causes rash on my inner thigh
- What causes upper inner thigh skin tags
- What causes inner thigh fat
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What causes bruise and bumps on inner thighs
- Upper inner thigh pain causes
- What causes lumpdent in upper thigh
- What causes blackheads on inner thighs and slight discoloration
- What causes blood blister on inner thigh area