question-icon

What causes small bumps on the pubic area?

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: I have recently noticed a few small bumps on my pubic area, they are just in the area where hair grows above my penis and I don't have any on my actual genitals. I was wondering what they are and how can i fix them? They don't hurt and don't itch at all, but they are raised and are slightly white
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Molluscum contagiosum

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history and looked at photo you posted. I conclude that most probably you are having Molluscum contagiosum. It is a viral disease caused by pox virus. It is a contagious disease. There are asymptotic scattered whitish umbilicated papular lesions occurring anywhere on the body. As it is infectious skin disease,it should be treated early.You personally consult the dermatologist for the firm diagnosis and perfect treatment.

However,I would suggest...

- electrocautery of each lesion under local anaesthesia, which is an OPD procedure done under local anaesthesia.
- other alternate methods are cryotherapy,chemical cautery and laser therapy
- antibiotics to prevent secondary infection and immunomodulator drugs to improve immunity

I hope this would help you. Still,any query..you are welcome.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel (5 minutes later)
Do they go away on there own or do they have to be treated?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel (12 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Molluscum contagiosum

Detailed Answer:

You suffer from Molluscum contagiosum which is viral infection.There are less chances for self healing. There are more chances for further spread of the disease. So, my humble request for having perfect treatment. Kindly consult the dermatologist and have treatment...ok

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist