question-icon

What causes slight tingling feeling in in chin and lips?

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: Hi my name is XXXX. For about 4 days now the right side of my chin and lip have a slight tingling feeling when I touch it with my tongue or finger. I still have feeling in my lip and chin when I bite or touch it. But it's just and hard to explain. Any idea?
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti (57 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Dental and Neurology checkup.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The most common cause for a numb chin and lip is dental problems and local trauma.

2. This area (including the chin=mentum) is supplied sensation by the mental nerve which is a branch of the inferior alveolar nerve which is a branch of the Trigeminal Nerve.

3. A close follow up should be kept if this condition does not improve. You should consult a Neurologist.

4. Follow up here after a few weeks or directly at bit.ly/Dr-Sumit-Bhatti.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Dr. Sumit Bhatti

Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist