What causes slight pain in head when i press on it after injury?
I am sorry for the accident you had.
Usually, when these types of injuries occur, I recommend my patients to apply cold/icy compresses locally and take acetaminophen for the pain.
The slight pain you feel when you press on it is due to local injuries when you hit your head on the rock. If it is also swollen, I advise to :
- clean the area well
- apply a mixture of blended onion with salt for a couple of days
This will help reduce swelling and other damages locally.
If you will feel anything unusual or the pain will persist (when pressing or not), then, should consult with neurologist and run Ct-scan of head or other tests as recommended by him/her.
Wish fast recovery!
If you still need further clarifications, do write me back!
If no unusual symptom,no suspected bleeding...
No one can tell for sure if there is any internal bleeding. However, as long as you are not having any other unusual symptom (it's been 1 week until now), that makes me think that there is no bleeding. However, once again, I advise to observe any change in your daily habits.
Furthermore, you are feeling the pain only when you apply pressure on the area, which is normal and is a good sign. If the pain would persist continuously associated with other symptoms, that could be worrisome.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Causes of penile pain after injury
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What is the cause of knee pain after injury
- Shin injury knee pain what is the cause
- What causes pain inside the knee after an injury
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury