What causes sleepiness after eating?
follow the instructions
In general, a little bit of sleepiness after eating is completely normal and nothing to worry about. There are several factors that contribute to this post-meal phenomenon, and there are a few things you might be able to do to minimize those drowsy effects.
hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
diet modifications required
Apologies for late reply, was busy due to my hectic schedule.
As your increased sleepiness is not during to an underlying pathological condition, but it's an exaggerated physiological response. Which can be avoided by incorporating certain practices as follows in your diet and consumption habits.
1. Should eat a very nutritious food incorporating enough proteins, vitamins and avoid excessive fat intake like processed food and excessive meat consumption.
2. Divide your daily consumption to 5 to 6 small quantity meals rather than 3 heavy meals.
3. Don't ever skip breakfast and include an egg and milk in it.
4. Avoid fast foods as they have tendency to induce sleep.
Hope you found this helpful.
Will be happy to help if you have any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats causes you to feel weak, sleepy
- What medications cause excessive sleepiness
- What causes sleepiness and laziness after angioplasty
- What causes excessive daytime sleepiness
- What causes a person to be sleepy
- What causes a baby to be sleepy
- What could cause sleepiness
- What causes light headedness weakness and sleepiness
- What cause a person to be sleepy alot
- What causes sleepy legs