• question-icon

What causes shoulder discomfort and numbness in inner forearm?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I have off and on right shoulder discomfort. I get a sore collarbone at times, a sore upper arm similar to the achiness the day after a flu shot, and sort of numbness in my inner forearm. I have full range of motion, no weakness or lack of mobility with the arm. Some days I have no discomfort, but when I go to bed, I can't lie on my right side because it feels achy. This also come and goes during the night. It is not painful, just annoying. I recently went on an 18 day vacation where I was able to not use the arm/shoulder, but when I got back to work as a maintenance man at my school, the discomfort returned as soon as I started working. Very frustrating but not debilitating. I get lots of little aches/pains/strains at my job that go away in a day or two, but this is not going away. Any answers/suggestions would be appreciated !! Thanks
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This can be due to fluid in shoulder joint

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think that you may be having shoulder bursitis. In this condition there is pain and heaviness in shoulder . This is common in people who use to involve in over head activities like maintenance worker. I have following suggestions for you.
1.Hot water fomentation
2.Do not do very heavy activities for one month.
3.tablet Etoricoxib 90 mg one daily.
4.Tablet Pregabalin M one daily at night time.
I hope these steps will remove fluid from shoulder joint. You can get steroid injection in case medicines are not working.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you.Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement