What causes sharp pain in the ear despite being on Alleve?
Post auricular pain
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Intermittent post auricular pain is usually due to mastoiditis. Please tell me do you have any ear discharge?
Any difficulty in hearing?
Any history of trauma?
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Sorry for the delay in answering,
It can be due to mastoiditis or Petrositis or a neural pain.
Please get an X-ray both mastoids done and send me the reports. This will help to rule out any mastoiditis. If the x-ray is normal, you should get yourself examined by a Neurologist.
Take Paracetamol for pain.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause sharp pains behind the ears
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- Hiccup causing sharp pain in ear
- What could cause sharp pain in ears and bleeding