What causes severe itching and welt-like swelling around my waist?
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
Seems like eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily. In addition I suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe itching in ears with smelly discharge
- What causes persistent severe itching
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- Severe itching around waist
- Severe itching caused by diabetes
- What causes severe itching with skin redness on leg
- Severe itching causes
- Causes of severe itching skin
- What causes severe itching and burning in the vagina
- What causes severe itching and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body