What causes redness in the eye along with watering while riding?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: when I am riding bike or sitting in autorickshaw
,my eye/eye's getting Waters & it getting red ...

I consulted this issue with local doctor & he suggest ,it happens because of allergies..

can you tell what is the exact reason...

what can be the preventive & corrective action..

because this started from last one& half yet only
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exposure to wind with dust, pollen allergy dry eye giving rise to problem

Detailed Answer:
Wind with dust striking cornea is the cause. It can be associated with pollen.It can be prevented by wearing plain glass or there is wind shield with helmet.Allergy is the main cause. You can use cromal eye drop and avoid direct exposure to wind. As it is causing dry eye so apply refresh eye teardrop before going on a ride. Present place of your stay might be much more polluted atmosphere . Air contains more dust and pollen. Take tablet levocetrizine 5mg in the morning and avoid exposure to wind.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana