What causes red spots all over the body?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: MY 90 YEAR OLD AUNT HAS RED SPOTS ALL OVER HER BODY. ONE ROUND OF PREDISONE HELPED, NOT IT IS BACK.. DOCTOR THOUGHT IT MAY BE LAUNDRY SOAP, WHICH WE HAD CHANGED. WE DO NOT USED DRYER SHEETS IN LAUNDRY. THINKING THE DRYER IS DRY FROM DRYER SHEETS WE HAVE STARTED WASHING HER LAUNDRY IN OUR HOME INSTEAD OF ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY DRYERS.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous rash, topical steroid and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and it could be an eczematous rash.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturising lotion in the ratio of 1:3 on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D