What causes red rashes on the areolas?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have a rash on both Areolas about half way down. First my skin was itchy and peeling days ago then I.t turned into a rash I’m using Triamcinolone Acetonide and I.t seems to be not burning or as red as before. Any idea of what this is ?
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly it is a dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist)., I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have nipple dermatitis. Is it on both sides?
I suggest you to apply a moisturizer frequently. You may continue with the triamcinolone acetonide0.1 %cream, twice daily for a few days.
I request you to kindly upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I can be absolutely sure about my diagnosis.

Follow-up: What causes red rashes on the areolas? 5 minutes later
Yes it I.t on both nipples same areas

Brief Answer:
Nipple eczema

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I can see a dry looking red patches /spots.
Yes, it does seems like a dermatitis. I suggest you to apply a moisturizer, 2-3 times as well as triamcinolone acetonide0.1 % cream, twice daily. You may as well take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab for symptomatic relief from itching.