What causes red moles on the body and itching on the testis and limbs?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor I'm XXXX I have itching on my testis skin and on the hands and legs I have small red moles on my body it's reducing and increasing and I have itching problem. I have any treatment for this
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Scabies and its management

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photograph.
You seem to be having scabies which is a mite infection.
It is extremely itchy contagious disease.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply permethrin 5 percent lotion on the entire body neck downwards at night, keep it for 7-8 hours and wash it off in the morning. This has to be repeated after 1 week.
Also take tablet ivermectin 200 microgram per kilogram body weight single dose and repeat it after 1 week.
Besides this for itching take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg twice daily and apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the itchy areas and bumps twice daily for 3-4 weeks.
This will resolve your problem.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Regards.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T