What causes red blotches on the breast area and under the arm?
What can I do to eliminate these blotches but foremost stop the itch? What could it be?
It could be Swimming Pool Rash or Chlorine Rash.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems like something called Swimming Pool Rash or Chlorine Rash.
The swimming pool rash may refer to the skin being exposed to excessive amounts of chlorine, which is a skin irritant. Chlorine is a necessary component in swimming pools and hot tubs in order to kill bacteria that can lead to skin and health problems. If the strength of the chlorine in the water is too strong or if repetitive exposure to chlorinated water occurs, a chlorine rash or chlorine itch may develop. This is a form of chemical dermatitis.
The best treatment option is to avoid exposure to chlorine. Taking showers before and after periods in a swimming pool . You can also apply over the counter low potency steroid ointments also. If symptoms persist consult a dermatologist and get evaluated.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a red bump under the breasts
- Levaquin causing red blotches
- What causes red blotches on skin
- What is causing red blotches on chest
- What deficiency would cause red blotches
- What will cause red itchy bumps on breast stomach arms and neck
- Noticed red blotch on breast what could be the cause
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- Causes red blotches on face
- What causes under arm pain after breast enhancement
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?