What causes recurrence of seizures after starting treatment with Lamotrigine?

Neurologist
Question
I'm 68 male and have had epilepsy since I was a boy,it's been controlled my entire life with phenytoin and primidone. Two years ago my doctor started reducing the primidone and replaced it with lamotragine.currently 2-100mg lamotragine,3-50mg primidone and 4- 100mg tablets a day. I'm having 2 to 3 seizures a month. Any ideas on what I might do or is this what happens with age
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload reports and old prescription

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
The actual diagnosis and type if seizures is required to decide upon the most effective medications.
You should upload previous reports of imaging, EEG and old prescription.
Drugs like valproate, lacosamide and levetiracetam can be used in almost all seizure types.
Increase in seizure is likely during changing of drugs.
Aging may have less or no effect on seizure control.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist