What causes radiating and localized pain in the legs and toes?
Can be a muscle cramp.
The feeling of a huge pop in the calf with no visible swelling or colour changes in the area is likely to be due to a muscle cramp. Muscular spasms can be treated by :
(1) Treating the underlying cause
(2) Keeping yourself well hydrated
(3) Stretching the muscles involved
(4) The use of anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen, Cataflam with meals provided there are no contraindications to their use
(5) A muscle relaxant may be necessary
It may be best, if possible to visit your doctor for a thorough assessment and treatment plan.
Right now for relief:
1. Do hot fomentation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not bear weight or try to do exercise that involves painful muscles.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Refers to heat application.
Hot fomentation is application of heat in the affected area to relax the muscle spasm. You can use a hot water bottle or a heating pad for this purpose.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes slight pain on right big toe
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- What causes increasing pain and numbness in toes
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What is the cause for itchy swollen and painful toe
- What causes pain and numbness in toes and foot
- Sharp pain stiffness in toe pain radiating to leg cause
- What causes pain in middle toes
- What causes pain in toe while walking
- Big toe pain causes