What causes prominent cords and veins under head of penis?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: I have sclerosing lymphangitis of the penile shaft that follows up under the head of the penis. I have noticed that where these lymph cords come under the head of the penis there is two small blue veins which feed into the head or knob of the penis that wernt there before. are these related to the lymph system?

Are these related and should I be concerned. I am seeing a Urologist but not till next week as he is busy. What are your thoughts in the meantime? Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached are photos, in case they are of some help.

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to your sclerosing lymphangitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question and uploaded images. I can understand your concern.
You have sclerosing lymphangitis of penis. There is partial or complete block in lymphatic due to some clot as a result of sexual trauma.
So there is engorged vessels in that area.
Its just a part of your sclerosing lymphangitis.
It will heal by itself.
You should avoid sexual activities for few days. If it does not heal, then consult your urologist for further treatment. Right now no need to worry. Just be relaxed.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 13 minutes later
Thank you,

That is what I needed to hear. I only have one follow up question, and that is the term sclerosing means to scar? Does this mean that this scaring could be permanent as it has happened before? Also does an erection cause any harm to the area or only sexual activity?

Thanks for your help with this matter
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most of the time it heals completely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
It causes induration or cord like thickening.
Most of the time it heals completely without any scar.

Any irritation causes by sexual activities or masturbation or erection can delay the healing. So avoid all these as far as possible.

No need to worry much about that. Just be relaxed.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
That answers my question, just curious if the pressure on the vessels could result in mondors disease?

Thanks again for your advice
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sexual trauma is also associated with mondors disease of penis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I can understand your concern. Mondors disease is thrombophlebitis of dorsal vein of penis. Sexual trauma and increased sexual activities can cause this. It is also self limited disease. Just avoid sexual activity nothing else needed.

Don't worry about that. Just be relaxed.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions then feel free to ask me anytime.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 20 hours later
Will an erection without masturbation be an issue? I am use to masturbation so I get erections during the day, but I am not masturbating. What about erections while I sleep, is this delaying healing?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Generally it doesn't cause major trauma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear

Only erection doesn't cause major trauma like sex or masturbation. It affect healing only slightly.

You can not control erection so don't worry about that. It in not in your hand and you can't do anything about that. So don't worry. Just be relaxed.

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist