What causes pinful lumps and swelling on leg?

Question
On last Monday suddenly there were lumps and swelling in my right leg. Then as the day proceeded it started paining so badly that I couldn't walk also. I was limping literally.
This was continued till Wednesday and then when it reduced same thing happened with my left leg. The pain increases insurmountably everyday from evening.The lumps were in the back side of the ankle.There were some swelling in my knee also. I didn't fell down anywhere also. Can you just help me out?
.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:

From the description provided by you, I feel that it could be an Abscess formation but would like to know more details to help you better.
1. Is there any pus formation or discharge?
2. Do you take any medications for treatment?
3. How many number of lumps appear at a time?
4. May I know the approximate size of the lumps and approx duration of its presence?
5. Any history of insect bite?

It would be helpful if you could upload the picture of the lumps along with details mentioned above.

Would like to advise you after knowing the details.

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes pinful lumps and swelling on leg? 53 minutes later
1. No pus formation or discharge.
2. Haven't taken any medications.
3. 2-3 lumps at a time. First lumps and then swelling of the feet. The lumps turned reddish and hard later and finally bluish.
4. The lumps were small and it was within the skin. Approx. duration 4-5 days with unbearable paining and then the pain stops but the lumps are still there looking reddish and bluish.
5. No insect bite this time. It was not acidic feeling.
Had an insect bite on the nose and forehead in 2011.

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Require a picture

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the details.

I am sorry, I couldn't come to a conclusion with your details provided. It would be really helpful if you could provide a picture of the lumps.

You can upload the picture here on the page or can mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as ATTN:Dr Ashwin Bhandari.

It would be easier for me to come to a conclusion after seeing the picture of the lumps.

Regards.