What causes pimple on the eyelid?
Possible Diagnosis: Chalazion
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic,
The pimple you are noticing on the inside of eyelid is called Chalazion. A chalazion is not associated with pain or eye irritation.
It is caused by blockage of oil ducts of the eye lid.
A chalazion can slowly increase in size. A Very large chalazion can cause vision problems eventually.
You can apply a warm compress over the affected eye lid which can help decrease the size of Chalazion. Use sterile solutions like Lomb eye wash. Avoid eye makeup and contact lenses.
Please be advised to follow up with an ophthalmologist to see if it is necessary to drain the chalazion.
Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
You're most welcome dear,
And thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health query.
We are always here to answer your questions
If you do not need further clarification, please rate and close this discussion.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes underground pimples
- What causes pimples on face
- What causes boiler pimples?
- What causes pimples in the womb
- Pimple on eyebrow causes swelling of eyelid
- What causes pimples on chin
- What causes pimple on the areola
- Why causes white pimples on the eyelids
- What hormone causes pimples
- What causes a stinky pimple