Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

144 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes periodic stomach-ache above the belly button especially when mobile or during food intake?

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 16463 Questions

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi. I'm a 66 yr old female, no previous stomach issues, good health, no medications. Have periodic stomach ache (dull) above navel area, seems to hurt when I move around or after I eat. Has been going on for several days. I've had it before a couple of months ago. The pain goes away after about 10 mins. It's not quite nausea but just a blah feeling to the ache and not wanting to think about food. I am eating though.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history well and understood the concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Any loose stools or hard stools or such thing occurring on alternate basis?
Any black stools?
Referred pain to back?
Any tenderness locally on pressure?
Or a lump or so?
Any other history please.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 8 minutes later
Maybe 3-4x a month, I may have loose stool but nothing consistent. No other symptoms that you listed.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Needs to rule out or confirm as discussed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your short feedback.
I would think of one of the following:
Gastritis related problems.
Transverse colon related problems.
And hence I would advise you the following to get the correct diagnosis asap:
Upper GI Endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Clinical evaluation and examination, preferably by a Gastro medical or surgical Specialist.
And if required you may need a CT scan of abdomen.
Tests of stool, blood and urine helps further.
All these are needed as you have symptoms for long, had in the past and you are 66 years of age hence need to confirm or rule out a specific cause and get treated properly.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on