What causes pain in the right groin radiating to the foot in an elderly person?
Needs ultrasound pelvis and KUB and urinalysis.
We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be evaluated on a baseline urinalysis to rule out any signs of urinary tract infection or any source of infection in the genitourinary tract within the pelvis.
Some times ureteric colic may travel down the legs as well. Other possibilities like psoriasis abscess or local muscular or subcutaneous infections seems less likely at this moment.
An ultrasound pelvis and KUB should be done to rule out almost majority of these conditions. A detailed urologist and gynecologist review may be needed if the symptoms persisted.
Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can help with the pain along with muscle relaxants like Orphenidine or Tizindine, as well as antispasmodic like Drotavarine may also be needed alongside. If fever or any other signs of infections are noted, may need antibiotics as well.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in hamstring buttockslowerback and groin areas
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What is the cause for stinging pain on left groin
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes gas and groin pain
- What causes groin pain area following masturbating
- What cause of groin pain after two operations
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction