What causes numbness in feet and lower legs?
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, firstly it is very unlikely for Scleroderma to develop at the age of 80. It is a disease more prominent in the age group 30-50 . The symptoms you are describing look more of Nerve related issues which can be very common as we grow older. The nerves tend to get degenerated or it can get affected secondary to other causes like Diabetes. The tingling and numbness mostly fit in with Neuropathic symptoms.
Scleroderma can cause Raynauds phenomeon, that is the color of the fingers change on exposure to cold. It is accompanied with pain more than the numbness. The antibodies can come positive with age. ANA and it s subset do get positive as we grow older. So , it may not be too specific here. However , keep a watch for the progression of other symptoms incase something new crops up.
I would advise you to get a Nerve conduction tests if you can which will give us a better clue on why the numbness is happening. Lastly , you can consult your doctor and try tablet Nifedipine 10 mg during the cold season which will help reduce the cold sensitivity
Hope the information was useful
Do let me know for more queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet