What causes nausea, fast heart beat, and sore stomach?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Thu, 23 Aug 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What would make you wake up about the same time around1 ish am. With nausea fast heart beat sore stomach the nausea stays about 5 hrs than Ifeel pretty good til 1ish am again.. Went to my Dr he thinks it's gastritis. We have that bad flu here in the family..I have been feeling this way for 7 days now.. My stomach is sore down on my bladder also...
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible moderate severe Gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I can certainly understand your concern

Many of your symptoms are directly related to inflammation of the stomach and Esophagus.

It's advisable to consider a group of drugs called Proton pump inhibitors for atleast 2 weeks, one pill daily before breakfast.

I generally prescribe oral pills of pantoprazole plus Domperidone to my patients with such symptoms.

Avoidance of fried, spicy and fatty food is mandatory.

In case if the symptoms doesn't improve with these medications, it's advisable to consider upper gastrointestinal endoscopy to detect if there are abnormalities like Peptic ulcer.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,
Dr. Suresh Heijebu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad