What causes low ejection fraction of heart?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a weak heart condition ejection factor of 35 to 40 could chemical exposure over a 38 year period contributed caused or aggraved this condition
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes a possibility is there.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Since you are hypertensive so low ejection fraction is first of all attributed to hypertensive heart disease.
However we can't suspend the possibility of Toxin exposure that could have resulted in Toxic Cardiomyopathy.
I would like to know that which chemical exposure you have been suspecting?
Revert with the asked details for a better help.