What causes low blood pressure?

Dr. Meriton Siqeca

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Good afternoon,
I have been having problems with people taking my blood pressure...they say it is to hsrd to hear? Is this a precursor for domething else?
Answered by Dr. Meriton Siqeca 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be low blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Greetings! Thank you for your question and welcome to Health Care Magic. I am Dr. Meriton and I carefully read your query.

It is generally safer and more efficient if the blood pressure and other parameters of the human organism are measured by a health care specialist, such as a nurse or a doctor. Regarding this, I would recommend you to do so, and if even in that case no measurable blood pressure is obtained, there is the alternative to do it with a monitor.

My suspicion, although frankly very low, is that you have low blood pressure in these cases. I am stressing that my index of suspicion is very low because if you have had low blood pressure, then probably you would also have symptoms of this phenomenon, such as dizziness, blurry or dark vision, fatigue etc.

If you should continue to take your blood pressure-lowering medication or not, I can only give opinion if I had blood pressure figures provided. However, judging from your age and gender, it is not a very common thing that this group would suffer from hypertension. I would not take the XXXXXXX to say that this is an inappropriate therapy, but sometimes the diagnosis of hypertension is made only with two or three measurements and treatment is started. I would recommend you to halve its dosage and see if there are any changes. If the blood pressure figures result under 100/60 mmHg, this medication should be withheld. Of course, these are only my recommendations.

I hope I have been of help. Wish you a good health. I would be happy to help, if you have follow-up questions. Please close the discussion and rate my answer, if you do not.

My best regards,
Dr. Meriton
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar