What causes low blood pressure?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 8 Oct 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure has been high now it is running 104 /69 in the right arm 98/62 in left I have been very fatigued. I am taking BP med Losartin 25 mg amI doing the correct thing? I am 75 weigh 135
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The blood pressure is too low!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Your blood pressure has been lowered to concerning levels and this is probably responsible for this feeling of fatigue. The drug dosage should be reduced to maintain the blood pressure at values greater than 120/80mmHg and less than 140/90mmHg. Talk to your doctor about this.

In all, your blood pressure is too low for a client taking medications for high blood pressure. The dosage should be reduced to keep the numbers well controlled and not to cause symptoms of low blood pressure like fatigue that you have mentioned.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.