What causes lingual tonsil enlargement?
The commonest cause is a chronic infection
The commonest cause for lingual tonsil enlargement is a chronic infection followed by acid reflux from the stomach
Chronic infections of the tonsils are very difficult to treat and may need prolonged antibiotics for upto 4 weeks. Besides this the source of infection has to be looked for and treated.
chronic acid reflux is also difficult to treat and instead of omeprazple I would normally start my patients on omeprazple domperidone combination for atleast 6 to 8 weeks.
Please discuss this with your doctor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of one enlarged tonsil
- Enlarge tonsil caused by impacted tooth
- Causes of unilateral lingual tonsil hypertrophy
- What causes pustules on tonsils
- Enlarged tonsils cause conjuctivitis
- What causes enlarged and inflamed tonsils pushed to the center
- Lingual tonsillitis causes
- What causes slight enlargement near right tonsil
- What causes tonsillitis
- What causes tonsil tags
- Does GERD cause headaches,dizziness and dry mouth?
- What causes sneezing in the morning followed by runny nose?
- What causes persistent sore throat with white spots in throat?
- What causes low voice and strain in throat?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with swollen tonsils
- What causes sudden BP dropping and burning lips and mouth roof?
- What causes itching and swelling on ear lobes?
- What causes loud ringing in ears?
- What causes sensitive scalp and ear bone?
- IS frequent use of Alerfix M safe?