Owl Image

What causes light periods?

Question
I was expecting my period this morning. I have been feeling a little off lately with all of the symptoms I usually get before my period for the last week because they felt a little stronger this time. I did wake up this morning with an extremely light period which is unusual for me. Since then, when I first woke up, I have not bled since. It's like it went away after an hour. However, I do have the normal period cramps. I am on birth control and am sexually active but use protection each time.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The lighter period that you are having could be the effect of the birth control pills also. This is not likely to be pregnancy as you are taking a birth control and using a protection as well. Just wait for a few days and see if the bleeding increases. In case there is no bleeding after this then do test your urine for pregnancy to rule out pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal