What causes left kidney pain?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: my father have pain in left kidney and we have get the initial tests done. the report is attached.
can you please suggest what is the problem, its cause and where we should go in XXXXXXX for further treatment.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Left renal artery stenosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like your father is suffering from left renal artery stenosis. Which means that the blood flow to the kidney has reduced significantly. Here is how you should go about it

1. Get a DTPA renal scan to know the functioning of the left kidney
2. If the functioning of the kidney is normal or salvageable after the DTPA scan then you will have to go for stenting of the artery
3. Stenting of the artery is done by cardiologist after a angiogram.

I recommend you to approach Dr Alkhil XXXXXXX of Apollo Hospitals for one stop solution for the problem

I hope I was of help, if you have any further questions please get back to me

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist