What causes knee pain after a ACL reconstructive surgery?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi,
I had ACL reconstructive surgery and meniscus repair on my left knee 8 months ago. I was jogging today and started to get a pain on the outside of my knee, below the knee cap. I stopped after a couple minutes and noticed a lump where the pain was. I can walk, but it is painful to the touch. What could this be? Have I reinjured my knee somehow? Thank you!

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ligament sprain or Inflammation of bursae

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Based on the symptoms and insignificant trauma it does not looks to be a serious injury.It could Well be ligament sprain or inflammation of bursae(soft cushion around tendon).
My suggestion would be Rest,Ice fomentation, tablet.Ibuprofen for few days will help.