What causes itchy red spots on body at night?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have itchy red spots that seem to occur at night. We have fleas but these spots are larger. I have looked for and not found bed bugs. These are really itchy.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take oral v antihistamine drug

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.

I have gone through your query. It is difficult to say what it is without examination, so I would suggest you to upload the picture of the spot for better assessment.

Presently I would suggest you to wash it with XXXXXXX warm water and with mild soap like dermadew and apply calamine lotion twice daily.
I would have advised you to take oral over the counter antihistamine like levocet once daily for 3 days to address itching.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad