What causes itchy rashes throughout the body?

Excellent

Question
My 1.5 year old baby is having rashes which are itching badly all over his body. We had shown a local pediatrician and he suggested is due to cold and have prescribed monticope, polyclav, tobastar. Is there any lotion like caladryl that we can use on the babies rashes because he is scratching them and getting bruised.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Caladryl or aloe vera lotion should be applied

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HelathcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the query. The doctor has said the right thing and the medicines are proper. It is advisable to apply caladryl or some emollient like aloe vera lotion. You can feel free to apply them.

Follow-up: What causes itchy rashes throughout the body? 12 hours later
Thank you sir for your reply. Is it common for babies to have rashes while dealing with cold or is it just my baby .

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing unique

Detailed Answer:
No, it is pretty common for children to get rashes during a viral infection. It is not unique to your child.