What causes irregular menstruation after taking Ortho-Cyclen?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: My period has always been a little bit of a mystery. I was on the "spectrum of PCOS". In August my period started coming about a week early. I went to my doctor in November and she changed my birth control from Sprintec to Ortho Cylen. I had no more spotting and my period was coming normally again. This month I started having spotting and my period coming early.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to pill.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The spotting and an earlier period can be due to mild hormonal disturbance. This can be a normal finding while taking the birth control pill. You can stop taking birth control for a few cycles and see if it helps.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad