What causes intermittent spasms in the abdomen?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Intermittent "spasms" approx. 2 inches to the left of belly button. Becoming more regular. Duration 1 month or more. Can now actually visualize indentation and release that accompany "spasm"
Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to "spasms" 2 inches to the left of belly button for 1 month.
These symptoms may be related with large bowel issues like IBS/ spastic large bowel/ rarely tumors.
2. If I were your treating doctor I would recommend to do
- colonoscopy to better evaluate large bowel mucosa.
3. Ultrasound is a good diagnostic test for parenchymal organ issues like liver , pancreas or gallbladder. It can not detect large bowel issues.
3. Meantime I would suggest liquid diet, avoid constipation and avoid unnecessary stress.
You can use antispasmodic drugs like butylscopolamine twice per day up to five days to release your symptoms.
Dr.Klerida