What causes intermittent spasms in the abdomen?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to "spasms" 2 inches to the left of belly button for 1 month.
These symptoms may be related with large bowel issues like IBS/ spastic large bowel/ rarely tumors.
2. If I were your treating doctor I would recommend to do
- colonoscopy to better evaluate large bowel mucosa.
3. Ultrasound is a good diagnostic test for parenchymal organ issues like liver , pancreas or gallbladder. It can not detect large bowel issues.
3. Meantime I would suggest liquid diet, avoid constipation and avoid unnecessary stress.
You can use antispasmodic drugs like butylscopolamine twice per day up to five days to release your symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?