What causes increasing size of small scar during pregnancy?
not a skin cancer...increase in size due to stretch
Thanks for the query to HCM,
At 9 months of pregnancy when the abdominal skin is stretched to its extreme, even a smaller lesion is likely to appear bigger. It is likely that the left over mole has regrown and is appearing large in size and so does the other naevus.
Any punch biopsy again to rule out melanoma should be timed after 3 weeks of the delivery and not now when the lesions or mole shall take their original size and shape giving us an idea of the actual morphology.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting during pregnancy
- What causes increase in hcg levels during pregnancy
- Small scars between eyebrows
- What causes hives during pregnancy
- What causes heartburn during pregnancy
- What causes a jittery feeling during pregnancy
- What causes bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes suffocation during pregnancy
- What causes tremor during pregnancy
- What causes ear bleeding during pregnancy
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection