What causes immense anger and violence with loud outbursts?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I am suffering with immense anger and violent and loud outbursts. I am a female, aged 33 years with a kid, husband and a mother in law. I am not into senses when I start screaming at the drop of a pin. please help
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be intermittent explosive disorder

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

From the available description it appears that you are suffering with intermittent explosive disorder which is kind of impulse control disorder. I mean to say that person fails to control his impulse of controlling anger and there is excessive outburst, out of proportion to the stimuli (aggression precipitant).

I request you to see a psychiatrist who will further evaluate for the intermittent explosive disorder and other related disorders. If necessary he will prescribe some medication or counselling depending on the severity of the condition.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.