What causes high BP?

Posted on Mon, 19 May 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My bood pressure has been higher than usual lately. I just took it and is 162/112. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The reading is definitely in hypertension range

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

If the blood pressure reading is high on more than 2 occasion and pressure being measured after ten minutes of rest. It's likely that you are hypertensive. Any systolic blood pressure above 135 and diastolic pressure above 85 requires antihypertensive medication.
I would suggest you to consult your Physician for checking of blood pressure and starting you on antihypertensive medication.

In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD
Dr. T Shobha Deepak