What causes headache and sweating after CABG?
Post CABG he is using MetXl 12.5 daily twice, but inspite of this his BP is 150/100. Local doctor suggested 12.5mg four times daily.
please see below
1. Persistent increase in blood pressure warrants a change in dose of existing drugs or addition of new drug. This will depend upon his ejection fraction (pumping of heart) and kidney status. We can not blindly increase the dose of Met-XL. The goal BP for his age is 150/90 mmHg
2. Headache may be related to certain drugs given to CAD patients. These include nikorandil and nitrates. It may be unrelated to drugs and can be due to psychological, neurological or local issues. You need to see your physician (internist) for same.
3. Sweating in a cardiac patients is a sign of low cardiac output but that is usually an emergency. Such patients are quite breathless and have low blood pressure. Do look for other causes like exposure to heat etc.
Hope this provides some insight. I understand that the condition of your father is such that it will require clinical examination and evaluation, still if there is anything you wish to know in detail you are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headache after miscarriage
- What causes sweating chills headaches and shaking
- Cabg scar causes
- What causes a-fib after triple bypass cabg surgery
- What is the cause of headache after an abortion
- What causes headache after sneezing
- What causes sweating but cold face and neck and headache
- What causes headache light headedness sweating
- Hiccups causes post cabg
- What causes cold sweats and headaches