What causes greenish stools in an infant?
Dont worry it is normal
Thanks for writing to us.
First i wanted to let you know that there is no image attached in your query, if you have any trouble contact the helpdesk to assist you in attaching the image.
You mentioned that your baby is 60% breast and rest formula.
Such babies do develop slight greeenish or greyish stools.
It is absolutely normal.
No infection or indigestion.
If stools become profuse watery or with blood then it indicates infection.
For the time being if baby is active and playful and accepting feeds well and passing urine atleast six to eight times daily no need to worry.
No medication is required in that case.
Do attach the image if possible.
Wishing your baby good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What causes parasites in stool
- What causes foam in stool
- What causes bloody stool
- What causes fluffy stools
- What could be the cause of green stool in infant
- What causes green stool
- Causes of pus in infant stool
- What causes greenish tinge of the stool with white circles
- What causes black stools